Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Guess who is having a Birthday?



I am not sure how old mom is in this picture, but she sure is cute.










When I got the idea of sharing some of my thoughts about my Mother on my blog I was sad to realize how few pictures I have of her. On February 5th 1939 Bonnie Lula Higgins was born in Groveland Idaho,At home! you know how in the olden days there weren't any hospitals to be found!! she has always been a great example to me, she is kind, loving, has a good sense of humor and a great Mother and friend. She has taught me most things in life by her example. I knew I wanted to follow that example, at 70 years old she still works harder than anyone I know, (She also has a cleaner home than anyone I have ever met). As a teenager in her home we had to vacuum the house and dust daily, the windows she would have us do once a week (wait maybe she was good at getting us to work harder than anyone I know) I know that spiritually she has very high expectations and is way to hard on herself. I would say she is probably the happiest I have ever seen her, she and Kirk have a very kind and loving marriage and he has been a blessing in our families lives. I was blessed to have her their with the birth of all my babies and also to help me through the loss of our sweet Nathan, she has always been there to listen to me vent when I want to strangle someone, I always feel better after we talk. We all love her so much and want her to have a very happy Birthday!

5 comments:

The Navy Wife said...

Wow 70? Really? I hope Mark ages as well as Mimi!!! :)

Happy Birthday to Mimi!

The Shumards said...

That is so sweet. Moms are the best, where would we be without them? Honestly we owe our lives to them. Happy Birthday!

Mimi said...

Your so sweet

love
Mom

Cindy and Ben said...

Hey Carol!
I just want to say I'm impressed with your blogging computer skills!!
:)
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol! Your mom sent me your link so I wanted to stop by and say hi! LOVE the pictures!! Paula

Fun at Grami and Papa's

Fun with Mark and Ashley

Kyle in Barcelona Spain

Rylee Jean and her friends

Reeds hunting adventures