Thursday, February 5, 2009

Time goes by to fast

It is hard to believe that it has been 19 years since Nathan passed away, these pictures were the kids school pictures from 1989-90, except for Rylee, she was born in 1992. I just wanted to share a few of my favorite memories from that year, Carlie has always been the best big sister a family could ask for. After Nathan was born she was so mad that he was a boy, she wanted a little sister so bad. One day we were at the park with some friends and they didn't have any girls, so Carlie refused to play with Bryan because he was a boy, well Bryan told Carlie I will pretend I am a girl, lets just go play! she could deal with that, so they went to play.
Matt, Mark and Kyle all have these sweet innocent smiles that say who me? It couldn"t be me! Well trust me they could and they did, I was always amazed at the way there very creative minds would work together, One morning I came out of the bathroom to find an entire box of Costco cereal dumped on my kitchen floor, and of course you have to have a gallon of milk to go with that. I have been very blessed by the way my children have been close to one another and the love that they have always (well most of the time) shown each other.
Nathan was such a sweet patient little guy, Kyle called him Nate, and he would always steal his Binky, all the kids were good with him, My favorite times with Nathan was late at night, when everyone else was in bed I would hold him and rock and just relax, I wish we could have had more time together, but I do know that we will all be together again, I am grateful for the knowledge that I have of my Savior, and the gift of eternal life and families being sealed together forever. It took a long time to feel like I was ok again, but Nathan has always been there for us all Kyle has felt him on his mission there with him when things are tough.
Rylee was my gift from God that taught me it was OK to feel joy again. Who can hold a baby and look into their eyes and not be filled with the greatest joy and more love then you think is possible to feel. I want to thank all my babies, for the love and joy that they have brought into my life. I am proud of all of you and love you more than words can describe.
I am also very grateful for Reed, He is my best friend in the world the one person I can share everything with and I love him so much he has always been a perfect example to my sons and daughters of what it is to be a loving husband and father.
Well to all you young moms and dads, the time does go by to fast and the next thing that you know all your babies will have grown up, they will be getting married and starting families of their own. Treasure each day that God gives you, look for the joy in the crayon markings on the wall.

4 comments:

The Stevens: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stevens: said...

Great post Aunt Carol! I do need to appreciate all the little things that my girls do. They are so fun, and do grow up way too fast! Love you guys!

The Shumards said...

I can honestly say that through the loss of losing our little Maloree I have had an awakening. I realize and finally understand how precious life is and what a miracle we all are. I love my children on a whole new level that can't even be described. I find joy in changing diapers and the nagging and cleaning up messes and everything else in between. The time we have here is short. Thanks Carol for sharing your strength.

Mimi said...

Hi Carol, this is Captain Kirk speaking. Since I'm now a part of the family I would like to add a few comments if that is ok.
First, I want you to know what a lovely family you have. I have been welcomed into your home and made to feel like I have known all of you for many years. Thank you for your kindness.

Now, about Mimi, you know, that sweet, wonderful woman you call mother. I guess you all know that she is responsible not only for all my discombobulation, but for your very existance. I have been blessed indeed to know and love her. She is the light of my life and I truly love her. We just celebrated her 70th birthday and I hope to do so for another 20 years or so. Oh yes, that means she will really be old by then. Right now she is just a spring chicken coming into her prime of life.

We love you all, and wish for Heavenly Fathers choicest blessings upon each of you.

Now, about Nathan. Without being preachy, can you imagine what it was like for Heavenly Father to watch his son, Jesus Christ go through all that he did, in order that we might all return to our heavenly home. Of course, that includes infants like Nathan, who left this mortal sphere early. Now, can you possibly imagine the joy that will come when you leave this life and meet Nathan on the other side of the veil? How sweet it will be.
We are blessed to know the plan of salvation, and know that though temporarily separated, we will once again know our loved ones hereafter.
May you find peace and contentment in knowing that Nathan will be there with open arms to
welcome you back into our heavenly home.

Kirk, Peepaw, Avi

Fun at Grami and Papa's

Fun with Mark and Ashley

Kyle in Barcelona Spain

Rylee Jean and her friends

Reeds hunting adventures